Honest emotions make us human. I don’t believe in good or bad days as much as I believe in moments. When we write off an entire day and mark it as “bad” we’re not allowing ourselves to celebrate every moment for what it truly is. Yes something may happen today that will rub you the wrong way and it’s so easy to get lost in our problems that sometimes feel like the end of the world. But being happy is a choice and when you remind yourself of reasons to remain positive, you will indeed celebrate more happy moments which will result in better days. For me, I fall short of being happy 24/7. But as amazing as time is, I get a dose of perspective when I watch in action or hear of someone else’s problems that make my own seem like it’s no problem at all.
If for whatever reason you woke up on the wrong side of the bed today or have yet to fall asleep due to a great amount of stress, I am going to give you…
15 REASONS TO SMILE!
- 15. Because there is nobody else like you. To understand that you are made in your own light, with your own imperfections, your own talents, your own beauty.. It’s a confidence booster.
14. Because your lips look amazing in that red lipstick.
- 13. Because someone you know (or maybe yourself) just accomplished something. Whether they graduated from School (Pre-K/High School/College), got married or had a baby. These are all milestones in someone you loves life. You have every reason to live in this moment.
- 12. Because smiling tricks the body into thinking it’s happy. I know it’s awkward to smile with a face full of tears but try it. Your tears will eventually dry up but your mood won’t.
- 11. Because we are just 9 days away from the official first day of summer. But the weather already feels good enough to enjoy.
10. Because just when you thought your world was upside down, you overcame that obstacle and lived to tell about it.
- 09. Because you didn’t brush, floss, whiten or get braces for free. You paid for it. Own it.
- 08. Because it’s a new day and a chance to start over. A chance to make your today better than your yesterday. You have the control to make your day whatever you want it to be.
- 07. Because those killer shoes, that perfect dress and those pretty earrings you just bought are going to look great on you this weekend.
- 06. Because you’ve come too far to give up now. Not everybody knows or will understand your story but it’s yours. Own it.
- 05. Because it’s contagious. I don’t think you realized that your smile just brightened up someone’s day. When you spread your lips apart, that little girl who was staring at you became comfortable and smiled back. The guy behind you instantly became attracted to you.
- 04. Because it’s healthy. Smiling lowers your blood pressure, boosts your immune system, relieves stress, releases endorphins, lifts the face and makes you look younger. Sheesh, if that’s not enough then I don’t know what to tell you.
- 03. Because someone loves you. No seriously, they do.
- 02. Because you’re going to get over the fear that has been holding you back and claim peace, happiness and prosperity starting now.
01. Because you are enough. You’re beautiful inside and out so believe it, receive it and pass it on.